Clinics & Services
The surgery runs the following clinics, at the following times:
Phlebotomy (blood taking) clinics
- Monday morning, afternoon and Wednesday morning - INR monitoring for our patients taking Warfarin
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings - all other routine blood tests.
Run by Nurse Sarah Peat.
Baby immunisation clinics
Run by Nurse Lucy; patients are invited to attend by the local health authority.
- Thursday mornings (with occasional extra clinics on other mornings).
Run by Nurse Lucy and Dr Varuna; patients are invited in for an annual review.
- From September 25th 2017.
- Run by Doctors, Nurse Lucy and Nurse Kate, please book early to avoid disappointment.
In addition to the above clinics our Nurses Lucy and Alison offer the following services:
Blood pressure monitoring
Removal of stitches/clips
Contraceptive pill checks
Immunisations (childhood, hep B, etc)
COPD (chronic obstructive airways disease) yearly monitoring
Asthma yearly monitoring
Over 75 annual health checks
Diabetic follow up clinics
Wrist Splints - Nurse Lucy only
- Thursday morning/afternoon.
Run by Lynn our midwife.
(At all other times Lynn can be contacted at Eastbourne District General Hospital on 01323 417400).
NHS Health Check clinics
- Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
Run by Nurse Sarah Peat. From July 2014 we will be inviting patients by letter between the ages of 40-74 without an existing diagnosis, to assess their risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, kidneyy disease and stroke. These clinics are free. Information leaflets are in reception.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Following referral from your GP
- One afternoon each month.
Run by Dr Wicks.
- One afternoon each fortnight.
Run by Dr Wicks.
Ear Microsuction clinics
Run by Dr Wicks. These clinics are by GP referral.
Sarah Barnes offers PRIVATE chiropody appointments on Wednesday and Friday afternoons, as well as home visits by arrangement. Please contact the surgery on 01323 725667 to arrange either an appointment at the surgery or a home visit. Her current fees are: £25 for a surgery appointment and £32 for a home visit.
We also hold drug abuse clinics under the direction of the local Community Drugs Team, anxiety/depression counselling under the direction of the local Community Mental Health Team and run the local SPS (Special Patient Scheme) from our surgery.